Lately, I've been all about crock pot meals and this chili recipe has not disappointed. About 6 months ago, I found a recipe for chili and since then I've added this meal into my monthly rotation. I absolutely love chorizo and one day I added it into my crock pot along with the turkey and it came out so so good. Now, its very important for me to mention it is not packaged chorizo that sizzles away in the pan. It's the real chorizo that you see on the wall in the meat department. There's a small amount of prep work in the beginning but its so easy to turn it on and it be ready 3 hours later. There's a few toppings that can be added to chili, but I like to add queso fresco (cotija cheese) and chopped serrano peppers to give it a bit more of a spice. Hope you like it!
To see the recipe I found, CLICK HERE
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound chorizo
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomato
- 1 7 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans (drained)
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans (drained)
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Toppings (optional) queso fresco (cotija), chopped serrano pepper
1. Cook the turkey on a pan, add salt and pepper, remove onto a plate.
2. Cook onions and then add chorizo. Add cooked chorizo and turkey into the crock pot.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and stir into the crock pot.
4. Set on high for 3 hours.
I hope you enjoy this meal with your family as much as we have. Please tag me and use #carameals so I can see your version.