Earlier this week, I hosted a Galentine's dinner party...Read More
It's not too late to make this quick DIY heart wreath just before Valentine's day. You can make the size of the heart big or small, depending on the wall space you want to fill up. It will be a darling piece of art in your home. I've already had mine on my wall for 5 days. My friend Ismerai made this one. To check out more of her floral arrangement creations, go to Ismerai.com .
- wire (from hardware store)
- 4 wall nails
- floral wire or zip ties or twist ties (as used)
- different shades of pink carnations
1. Start with hammering 3 nails vertically from each other. Nail the fourth nail below and below the middle nail from above.
2. Unroll some wire and start creating a heart shape around the nails. Secure the wire with zip ties if needed. I started at the bottom nail, meeting both ends with the middle nail above.
3. Once the wire is secured, begin to gather some greenery branches and secure onto the wire with twist ties. Repeat until wire is fully covered. You can keep it full or thin of branches, depending on your style.
4. Finally, add the carnations with the twist ties anywhere you'd like. These were put on one side only and it really made an impact.
This heart wreath was use for a dinner party.... click below!